Sunday 14 May 2017

Broccoli onion soup

Broccoli onion soup

This is one of the most amazing low carb soup you can gorge on. I was tired of tomato soup so thought to try this with broccoli and I must tell you it took me just 20 minutes to cook it. 

I am a green eyed person. Green is my favorite color. It has a calming effect on me. That is why you will always find broccoli, zucchini, lettuce and capsicum in my refrigerator !!! 


If you are also trying to eat healthy and light for Dinner like me then it's a must on your menu. It's even good for people on #ketogenicdiet .


Here goes the Recipe for the Soup :)

Prepration Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2

Ingredients :


1 medium sized brocolli florets 
2 tbsp minced garlic 
1 small White onion 
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
Few basil leaves
2 tbsp Butter 
2 cups of water


Method :


Cook brooclli florets In a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water.

Switch off the flame after 1 whistle. 

Once cool, grind the mix till it is smooth.
In a pan add butter, garlic, onion and cook it till golden brown. 

Now add the broccoli mix, pepper and salt to it.

Add more water if the mix is too thick .

 let it boil for about 10-15 minutes.

Garnish it with a little cream and basil leaves. 
Serve pipping hot 🍵


P.S- You can also serve a toast of garlic bread or Bruschetta with this soup if you are hosting guests :)

Keep Cooking, keep loving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much !