Friday 3 March 2017

Lush Lemongrass Ice Tea

     
Lush Lemongrass Ice Tea
Beauty in a Jar. 
That’s the first thing which strikes you about this super chill, refreshing and yum drink. 
I dislike aerated canned drinks because they have nothing but sugar and preservatives. I can't even remember when was the last time i drank a cola or thumbs up. Though sometimes with a  slice of pizza I take a sip or two. I love lemon grass because of its health benefits and have grown it in my garden. So I'll be using my fresh leaves.
Mumbai has suddenly become too hot & humid hence I wanted to drink something refreshing, healthy, homemade, pretty of-course and well Green :)
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Ingredients :
 2 tsp lemongrass tea ( you can get this from any label or make one at home. Desi recipe at the end in P.S section)
2 tbsp powdered sugar
mint leaves
sliced lemon
ice cubes
Method :
Boil some water in a vessel and add tea to it. let it brew for about 8 minutes and then add sugar. 
Let it cool down. seize it and keep it separately . 
In a mason jar add handful mint leaves and lemon and crush it using a hand crusher. Add lots of ice cubes and then add the lemon tea syrup to it. Serve chill. 
You can also add berries / grapes to it to give it a zing.
P.S-
Incase you can’t find flavoured lemon grass tea then add lemon grass to your regular tea and use it. Lemon grass is available as an ingredient at any reputed grocery store and your vegetable seller.
Stay chill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much !